Monday, August 20, 2012

Book Review: "The Other Book" by Philip Womack

I borrowed a book from the library recently, only because of its title. It was The Other Book, by Philip Womack. I was judging the book by its cover, something that I shamelessly do all the time. I didn't know if it would be any good or not yet, but it intrigued me, so I tried it.
The book was very good, to be honest, and the writing style truly magnificent. The descriptive quality that the author had put into every sentence made me awestruck. I couldn't put it down. In every chapter it seemed that there was some tight situation that the main character had to wriggle out of, in nearly every chapter a dark plot twist. The Other Book was a good read, I think. The style in which it was written makes it worthwhile. The storyline was interesting, but it was, in the end, the luscious and vivid style that made the book a good read.

No comments:

Post a Comment