Thursday, May 23, 2013

Eleventh Riddling Derby Results

To embue a more festive mood to the time of tornado damage, I welcome you all to the latest in a short line of Riddling Derby puzzler results!

I have consulted the Derby's comment box and accumulated all the correct answers to see who answered enough of the challenges to be honored with the invisible, and now slightly pixelated, wreath of accomplishment.

And the winner, is.....Hyperlinkzer! Congratulations! Adulations! Hyperventilations! Thank you Hyperlinkzer, for taking part in our XI Riddling Derby! And now if you'll pat your head you might just feel nothing, as are the traits of an invisible wreath of honor. How lucky are you!

Apologies to all who solved the riddles but not in time and quantity to beat Hyper. And before we go I will install a cursory list of the solvers and the riddles solved thereof.

Riddle No.1: I have palms but not on hands, I offer food from distant lands, when at my peak you'll see me smoke, I'm famous for my friendly folk, my flowers grow and yet they lay, there's fire where a man may play, I'm sure you know we're family, you're welcome to come stay with me.
What am I? Hawaii (First answered by Hyperlinkzer, then Angrod Carnesir)

Riddle No.2: I belong to you, but am used more by others.
What am I? A name (First solved by Hyperlinkzer, then Tasia Tinuviel)

Riddle No.3: When I take off my clothes, it puts on it clothes, when I put on my clothes it takes off it clothes. What is it? (First reveled by Hyperlinkzer, then by Tasia Tinuviel)

Riddle No.4: I lack much reason, but often rhyme, and require logic to pass the time, to gets the words to tell your kin, look for clues that lie within, though all are different they act the same, the answer is practically in the name.
What is it? A Riddle (First deduced by Angrod Carnesir, and then Tasia Tinuviel)

Riddle No.5: What has wheels and flies but is not an aircraft? A garbage truck (First figured by Hyperlinkzer, and then near answered by Angrod Carnesir, and finally conceptually solved by Tasia Tinuviel)

Thank you all for your cooperation in this latest Riddling Derby. And I hope to see you next week with the Twelfth Riddling Derby.....................................................................

But wait! Whats this?! Another riddle?! Yes, it is! A bonus riddle for kicks for all of you who have your thinking caps firmly grafted to your scalps.

Bonus Riddle No.?: This is a place. The first letter is after A and before Z but nowhere in between. You can bring as many people as you want, as long as their all dead. Where is it?

3 comments:

  1. I tagged you three - separately. So you each have to post ten facts about yourself. :) http://hyperlinkzer.blogspot.com/2013/05/tag-10i-think-maybe-9.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't do tags anymore, this is a writing blog.
    -Z

    ReplyDelete
  3. A cemetery :) Sorry I haven't been on in a while. Have a lot of reading to catch up on now!

    ReplyDelete