Sunday, December 2, 2012

Book Review on H.I.V.E. Higher Institute of Villainous Education


Salutations and greetings, followers all, and welcome to another book review. I have lately read a greatly diserving piece of literature, H.I.V.E. Or; Higher Institute of Villainous Education.
         I’d like to start out by introducing the characters. There are four of them, though the main, main character is Otto Malpense, orphaned techno genius among other talents. As you may have deduced from earlier reviews, I am a personality that enjoys well-chosen character titles, and Otto Malpense is by my reckoning, among the best.
         Well, I’d best lay out the story before starting the real review. Otto, and the three other main characters, Wing Fanchu, Shelby Trinity, and Laura Brand, are all abducted, to only later realize their parents had approved of their less than subtle capture, and are transported to an underground academy, whose sole aim is to train and hone the skills of futures super villains.
         I enjoyed how it started out, with the headmaster introducing himself, and after they left confiding to himself that Wing Fanchu seemed strangely familiar to him, a good mysterious start. And then there is also when he tells a confidant of his to trail Otto through his lessons, and keep an eye on him.
         Through the story friendships develop between the four characters in subtle and sometimes not-so-subtle ways.
         I especially like the parts of the book which involve classes. The mere idea of teachers actually teaching villainy, an excellent idea. I enjoyed the way Dr. Nero explained villainy, a strange but understandable concept. And also I liked that the Stealth and Evasion teacher is in fact a white cat, with a voice transmitter on her collar.
         I also applauded the way the author weaved slight feuds into the story between the characters, just to keep the readers on their toes. And I liked when he put the two dumb bell bullies in, Block and Tackle (appropriate names), who, for a short span of the book, chased Wing and Otto around the school. I liked how the bullying ended, very much so indeed.
         I’d love to go on, but I must stop for two reasons. One, I don’t want to spoil the book completely for you, and two, my mom is about to serve dinner and the aroma of frying fish in invading my nostrils as we speak. Duty calls!
         Please indulge yourself in H.I.V.E., and enjoy it as much as I did, though it would be very difficult to not do so.
        
         Farewell until our next encounter.
Post written by Z III.

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely loved H.I.V.E and thanks for the review :)
    P.S. Was the fish good?

    ReplyDelete